Monday, February 18, 2008

Fun Monday Signs


Today's Fun Monday is being hosted by the lovely Sayre Smiles. Her challenge was this: "Take your camera with you as you go about your business and take a picture of the things that make you laugh along the way."

Well, I do not have a daily commute. I do take my younger 2 boys to preschool 4 days a week but there are no signs along the way that make me laugh. Signs do make me laugh. Even a "Stop Ahead" sign makes me giggle. Can anyone guess why?

Since I have nothing out and about that makes me laugh I give you signs from inside my home that I see daily as I go about my business.


This sign hangs in my laundry room.
This sign hangs in the entry way by the front door. It says "Bloom Where You're Planted." The word planted is entangled in vines and hard to make out.
This sign hangs over the doorway that leads to the laundry room. I see it while in my dining/living room. I also see it when I am leaving the house. I have to go through the laundry room to get to the garage. The sign says "Raised on Kansas Sunshine".
This sign hangs beside the door that leads to the garage. I see it every time I leave, and when I am doing laundry.
This sign hangs between our garage doors, on the outside. I see this every time I come and go.Now, head on back to Sayre's place and check out what other's see daily that makes them chuckle!

21 comments:

Jill said...

ha! 'stop ahead' -- we thump each other on the forehead! as if to 'stop the head' before the car stops!

Faye said...

I enjoy have things posted around the house that make me smile--like my fridge blog with photos, art, cards, etc. Take a smile where you can get it.

ChrisB said...

Oh these are great signs. I particularly like the 'things happen for a reason' and 'raised on Kansas sunshine' :)

Sayre said...

Hmmm... i didn't think about the signs people keep around their house! Very interesting! I like the Kansas sunshine one particularly.

Sauntering Soul said...

I need that clean houses sign in my place. Can I borrow it?

Beckie said...

That was a good idea - posting the ones around your house. I didn't play this week.

Anonymous said...

Oooo, doggone it...I coulda posted funny signs in our house, too! Instead, I posted pics of funny people. Duh...!

Hugs and kisses ARE much more important than cleaning, if you ask me! (Not that you did...;) ).

:)

Mariposa said...

Love the first sign most! I need to get something like that...LOL

Happy FM!

Alison said...

cute signs....years ago my cousin from Wales was visiting and everytime she saw a Stop Ahead sign she would laugh....she was always looking for the head!!

Anonymous said...

You have some fun indoor signs! Have a fun Monday...

the planet of janet said...

stop ahead reminds me of the importance of punctuation... like...

what's that up in the road, ahead?

or what's for dinner? mother?

love the signs in your house.

the rotten correspondent said...

I love Mary Engelbreit, too. I have a big Snap out of it! in my laundry room.

Somehow it just fits my mood whenever I'm in there!

Unknown said...

Stop ahead signs make me laugh too. :) I always think, Stop dead a head, dead stop ahead, stop A head. . . and so on. Yeah, I'm weird. I like Dip signs too. Like stop calling me that!

Robinella said...

Those would make me smile too!

Peter said...

Some very good reminders of life to have in your home Kaytabug.

Pamela said...

I missed this Fun Monday -- I wish I would have been home.
I would have photo'd a hand painted sign about dogs pooping in the yard leaning up against an old house - I see every day on my way to work.

Alison said...

I love your new picture!!! It is great....did your sweet husband do that for you??

Attie said...

love the 2nd one!! looks so pretty!!
Good post!!

Kila said...

I like your signs at your job site :)

Anonymous said...

Me likey your new header. The car snow writing is very sweet.

Jenni said...

I don't think you had your FM post up when I checked early on Monday. I made it through the list and there was no lookin' back! I love the sunflower sign:o)