Monday, December 1, 2008

Hello

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....Our first snowfall, if you can call it that! I think it is pretty cool it happened on the first of December!

The wreath hanging on front of my house, by the front door. It isn't a Christmas wreath, I just add seasonal fake flowers to it. In the spring it will be tulips and daffodils.
Now I just need to get into the spirit. I'm lacking at the moment. I do admit to feeling like a small child when I saw snow this morning, even if it was for a brief moment. I did add my Christmas play list to my ipod. Maybe the spirit will hit me once I put up my X-mas decorations.
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

11 comments:

Retrohipster said...

The real question is have you started replacing the scents in the various plug-in thingys in the house and burning the peppermint candle yet? I am sure that will get you in the spirit quicker.

Anonymous said...

Snow? Really. UGH.

I'm slowly putting up the celebratory crap. And, dreading putting it all up again.

Anonymous said...

I'm so over snow already and we have less than half an inch. I'm feeling all sorts of Bah humbug.

Anonymous said...

Don't rush it if you don't want to. Christmas is still a good ways off - maybe next week you'll be feeling the spirit!

Anonymous said...

How lovely to look at (from a distance). I've done no decorating yet ... am waiting for the spirit to move me too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

On one hand, I am jealous of your snow. For one thing, the entire state of Texas would have declared an emergency and cancelled everything. I wouldn't have to work for days. On the other hand, I am freezing at (don't get mad...) 50 degrees. Not sure that I could handle that cold of temps again.

the planet of janet said...

doood... snow? cool.

i've been trying to shoot photos of the flower explosion near my office, but haven't gotten to it.

still very greeeeeeeeeeen here.

ho ho ho.

Unknown said...

You have more snow than we do at the moment. :) Pretty! Love your wreath too!

Pamela said...

ooohhh awwwww pretty (snow and wreath, both)

Beckie said...

Well - HELLO to you too.

I don't think I would be as thrilled for snow - just not in my DNA.

I'm a little slow to feel the spirit this year - however we did put up our outside Christmas lights. It's a start.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on the wreath. We are still waiting for snow - and that will prob'ly happen sometime in January!!!

Get out in the sun a little each day (that it is out) We SAD girls need it. {Hugs}