I am so behind with house work it's just disgusting. Laundry is beyond piled up. It's not just the laundry... I'll leave it at that.. Tuesday I got a call from the volunteer coordinator for the school district and said she had a lot of things and wondered if I could help out with any of them. I am a dumb ass. I have a hard time saying no. This would normally not be a big deal but since agreeing I have been feeling like everything is piling up on me. To top it off I volunteered during the time my boys are in preschool...and that's when I try to get my stuff done. Also they don't go to preschool on Friday's so Thursday afternoons are my last chance to get stuff done without them. I know, I know cry me a river. I'll stop whining and complaining now.
The hummingbirds have been here for 2 weeks already. I have one feeder up so far, with 2 more I am planning on getting up. Yesterday morning I was standing at the kitchen sink and I froze. A huge bird landed on the hummer feeder I have outside my kitchen window. I just stared at it frozen for a long time. I saw that same bird the day before, but it had just landed on my deck railing. It was the first time I had ever seen a Oriole with my own eyes!! So yesterday I spent most of my morning trying to get a picture of that Oriole. They are extremely skiddish. But I finally got him!




I know they are not good quality since they are through the window and I didn't use a flash so I wouldn't scare it away. Click it to big it and you can see more detail. I put 2 orange halves in my mini willow tree. I have seen them sitting in it so I thought that would be a good place. I looked at Wally world for a Oriole feeder but didn't find one. I'll check Lowe's, and then the internet. I can always count on the internet! I already checked, just wanted to try to get it here.
Happy May Day!
13 comments:
He's such a pretty bird, but uh....why is he smootching from the hummingbird feeder (which reminds me I need to get mine up...)
My son plays baseball for the Orioles team! He'd love to see your picture! I used to see them all the time when I lived in Oklahoma but not anymore now that I'm in Florida. Perhaps they like it cooler?
I'm way behind too. I'm taking tomorrow off from work to clean my house before ZBoy's birthday party on Saturday. It's bad when you have to take time off from work! At least my closets look good!
I'm going to update my office cleanup later today!
Ah … I try to discipline myself to post first and visit later … but I don’t always succeed. I love these photos. Thanks for sharing ;--)
Hugs and blessings,
I have to stop speed reading posts! I saw "the hummingbirds are back" and those pictures. I was just about to tell you it was an Oriole and not a hummingbird when I went back to make sure you really didn't know. Ha ha.
You were pretty lucky to see one.
Oh, and just so you know, I read my comments first thing in the morning, then I read blogs, and later in the day I post. That is if I even post, which is getting rarer these days.
So beautiful. I've never seen one in person. I had no idea about orange halves. I did ask for bird feeders for Mother's Day.
We used to have some, but since the original owner nailed them into the tree and the tree cried, we had to take them down. The tree healed nicely btw (I know you hug trees too)
So BN said he'd get the ones on poles or that I could mount to my windows. I can't wait. I have the perfect spots.
If one of those nests on my grill again I am going to let the cats out.... Love Ya!
cool birdie!!
girl.. you need an oriole feeder.
He's wanting the sweet stuff in the hummer feeder ya know,
He will be back with his friends
http://www.birdsforever.com/oriolepdts.html
if you set one up.
I'm so jealous. (we have Bullock Oriole's in this area - but none ever come around town)
I don't think I've ever seen an Oriole in person either. How cool is he?
My house should be condemned right now I'm so far behind on cleaning, etc. I was kind of mortified to let Hot Brazilian see it last night.
Huh, usually wally world has the feeders. I just saw one at ours the other day.
I love Orioles! Have only seen one once, while on a trail.
Glad you got some shots!
Oh I forgot to tell you, my mom usually has tons of hummers but she hadn't put her feeders out yet this year, when a couple of evenings ago a hummer landed on her fence, chewed her out, and the next day she hung the feeders. :)
What a lovely bird!!!
I'm like you, I have a hard time saying no as well and I end up beating myself up when things get too tight!
Have a nice week!
Post a Comment