Thursday, September 18, 2008

Moonpie

The boys and I went home,to Ks, in July. I've really just barely gotten started posting all the posts I have from that trip! Crazy right?! So what am I doing over here being quiet for days on end? I don't know! I'll try to do better okay? So anyway, while we were home at my Mom's a neighborhood cat showed up at her house when we did. I thought the cat sensed the kids and was in need of lovin' and that is why it showed up. It wasn't until just a couple of weeks ago that I found out the real reason behind this cat hanging out at my Mom's house. More on that in a minute.

My boys immediately named the cat Moonpie. My Mom HATES cats. She is really, really afraid of cats. Back in the day when she was young and a waitress, she had to take the trash out to the dumpster and when she lifted the lid a dozen cats jumped out at her. She HATES them. We never fed Moonpie but he kept coming around. Mom says that he still kept coming around even after we left. She couldn't figure out why it didn't just go home since there was nothing left there for him.
I took those photos while we were there. I knew I was going to blog about how the kids named him Moonpie. I thought it was funny. I'm so glad I didn't blog about this until now. A couple of weeks ago my Mom called to tell me that she happened to talk to the girls that the cat belongs to and found out the cats real name. SNOOPY!!! This cracks me up! My Mom is a HUGE Peanuts fan and her favorite character is SNOOPY!!! I told my Mom he's still hanging around because he knows how much you love Snoopy!! He's like her Kitty soul mate! She didn't like that.

11 comments:

Fianna said...

She is so cute!!

I had no idea that your mom hated cats! It is strange that the kitty hung around with no food being handed out, but she just knew your mom was a good person!

Anonymous said...

See, you found something to blog about. Although I think you could have worked in the word titillating.

the planet of janet said...

i'm with your mom. i'm not afraid of em, i just don't like em.

but snoopy/moonpie is cute, i will say.

Beckie said...

I like the name Moonpie better than Snoopy - just sayin'.

Cute cat! I didn't used to like cats, but I do now. Maybe Snoop-pie can turn it all around for your mom. Did you notice that if you try to write Snoop-pie all in one word it is Snoopie?!

Sauntering Soul said...

Awwwwww Moonpie/Snoopy is adorable! Maybe she will be the kitty that finally shows your mom that cats are lovable.

I have a solid black cat that has been hanging out at my house for at least a year and I've never fed it. She sleeps on my back deck a lot. One day she threw up all over my back deck which wasn't the cutest thing ever, but she still seems sweet even though she won't let me get near her.

willowtree said...

But what was the reason he kept coming to your mom's place?

Jenni said...

Moonpie is a great name for a cat! Don't feel bad about being behind on posts. I still haven't blogged about field school or my stops on the way back. That was in June. I keep having busy or down days and then more stuff happens! It's hard to keep up.

Anonymous said...

LOL! We once had a dog named Snoopy (yellow lab).

Robocop said...

Your cat look almost exactly like my cat.

Unknown said...

You know, I'm not much into cats but Moonpie/Snoopy is pretty! :)

KG said...

Aww - he's so cute. I swear I think people who don't like cats don't like them because they've never owned one .. or ... er ... been owned by one!