I do not remember my FIRST celebrity crush. I do remember my so called best friends gave me a hard time about the celebs I thought were hot. Sometimes I did not go with the "crowd" when it came to picking who I thought was the hot guy in any given band. I should have had Fianna do this as a guest post, I am sure she remembers better than me the guys I thought were to die for.
I remember having posters from Tiger Beat up on my bedroom walls but I can't remember who all I deemed worthy to grace them.
I loved River Phoenix
RIP. I am almost positive he was on my walls. He was for sure my crush.Sean Astin
was so cute in The Goonies, here is a perfect example where my friends would give me a hard time because they would say "Josh Brolin was way hotter, gah!"See what I had to put up with? I doubt I had Sean up on my walls though.The crushes I had on celebs as a young girl were just blips on the screen of life. I am not even embarrassed about them either. Now photos of me back then, that's a different story! Head back over to Jo's to see what crushes the rest of the participants had back in the day.
*************************************************************************************
O.H. my Gwad! I can't believe I forgot about Ricky Schroder! He had to have been my first crush. I remember as a little girl swooning over him! um, I think I might be getting a lil pink in the cheeks now...
26 comments:
Good choice -- a hobbit!!
Learn something new every day. I didn't realize he was in the goonies.
River Phoenix was so gorgeous. I was so sad when he died. And hobbit boy? Well I thought he was kind of cute in the Goonies too, and I loved that film. Thanks for playing. :D
It is sad River Phoenix died so young he was very handsome.
School crushes could be another whole post, you have made me recall a few, and I do believe I still have some of the photos!!
Tobin! I puked on him, remember? Sorry I puked on your crush. I wasn't making the moves on him in any sort of way. Fred was my first crush from school. And then Brad, until he gave me chicken pox. That ass.
As to celebs, the "other's" obsession with NKOTB sticks in my mind. I don't recall if you were a follower. I remember that was one group crush that I didn't agree with. Duran Duran was the next big crush. Oh, John Taylor. Now that is dreamy.
More Goonies - The Coreys.
Oh how I swoon...
And Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
Goonies? Rocky Road?!
Pamela~ I thought the Goonie Sean was cute NOT the Hobbit Sean.
Jo~ I was so very, very sad too. Again Hobbit boy was not my crush, Goonie boy WAS. ;)
chrisb~ Yes it is.I'll be looking fwd to that post!
Fianna~ Yes I remember that. No, I was not a follower of the major obsession the "other's" had on NKOTB. There were a couple I thought were mighty fine but that was about it. I agree with you on John Taylor, major hotness.
Only Feldman was in Goonies. I almost wrote about Haim.
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!
nikki~ And, Baby Ruth!
I like your choices. Sean Astin is very cute. If your choices were different than your friends, you had your celebrity all to yourself...so much better.
The new look to your blog is beautiful.
I never had any big celebrity crushes, but River Phoenix is a good one if you've gotta have one:o) The thing I loved most about him was his name. Oh how I wish my hippy parents would have given me a decent hippy name (not a weird one) instead of naming me Jennifer!
I love your blog's new look, BTW! Beautiful! Just one suggestion. Could you make the font a tad bigger or a bit bolder or something? It is just the tiniest bit hard to read, but not too terrible.
I remember River from "Stand by Me". Sad about him. Goonies that was a fun movie I enjoyed how all the characters were flawed.
I do love the new header and ‘look’ of your blog! Congrats on making these changes. Like you, I drew a blank when it came to my first crush … though after seeing a few posts I might be able to come up with someone after the fact, but I’ve already posted something else for the day. It is 'fun' to see who everyone posted about. You picked two ‘fine’ actors to highlight today ;--)
Hugs and blessings,
I have to agree, River was a lovely person to look at. A bit young for me though...
In answer to your question, yes! You have a week to get it done. I figured that if I put a time frame on it, I'd be more inclined to finish the job. Made some good headway yesterday. Where before my clothes took up the whole rod (and that's a BIG closet), they now take up about 12 inches. THAT MUCH STUFF out of my closet!!! About time too. I can't believe I keep moving it from one house to the next!
River Phoenix...God, me too.
I'm sure River Phoenix was on many many walls, he really was gorgeous.
A hobbit in the Goonies? I never knew that. Great post!
River Phoenix is a great choice. So sad that he died so young, such a good looking guy.
Our Happy Happenings
good choices...
So you're not embarassed by your crushes but refuse to reveal self photos from that period in your life? Makes a lot of sense to me.
I always had the hots for James Brolin but had forgotten about that. :) And yes, he was old enough to be my father, don't care. :)
I now am old! I had to read the captions to recognize the crushes!
Great job, though. I like that you went after cute instead of all of those other common choices.
MJD~ you know that is what I thought too! Thanks for the compliment!
Jenni~ Thanks for the compliment! Are you sure you don't need to up the display properties to make everything larger on your screen? ;)
I am so sorry. I could not resist.It is a bit small for me too. I will have to go into HTML again and change the font size...that will take me awhile so until then I will try to remember to change the size while I am composing to large.
iamwhoiam~ Yea, yea I agree.
storyteller~ Thank you very much for your compliment!!
Sayre~ Now I need to get crackin'!!
jenny,the bloggess~ SIGH, must go watch River movies...
Rosie~ LOL a Hobbit in Goonies...could you imagine a Goonie Hobbit movie? LOL
Melanie~ Yup, Yup. Couldn't agree more.
Alison~ Thanks!
Faye~ I really couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not. I never said I "refuse" to show photos of me from that period in my life. I said "Now photos of me back then, that's a different story!" Meaning I would be embarrassed by the photos of me from back then. Sorry, just had to clear that up for me!
Lisa~ That's okay, I thought he was mighty Hot too!!
Sandy~ My choices were far from common most times. I also thought Rikki Rocket, Duff McKagan were mighty fine at the time.
I did heart a bunch of the "common ones too, like Johnny Depp(21 Jump street time frame)Also just about every boy that was in the movie "The Lost Boys" I had a crush on all of them except maybe 2. Duran Duran...all of them! I could go on...
Very hip hop choices. They were a little past my teeny bopper years, but I did like River Phoenix when I started seeing him in some movies.
Good choices! I had forgot about them. Oh, the memories of child hood this FM has brought out!
Sometimes the realization of just how old I am smacks me upside the head in the strangest ways!
I just bought the Goonies for Pete. He loves it and I had forgotten how many curse words were in it. Ack!
We must be about the same age. River Pheonix, Sean Astin and Ricky Schroder were some of my first crushes too. Thanks for the trip down memory lane...
Post a Comment