Today's Fun Monday is being hosted by The Lurchers, who asked to see what our bedside table looked like. I thought it was a great topic as it would give me the nudge I need to tidy it up. Life takes over as we are all accustomed to and I did not get a chance to tidy up like I had wanted to.You are blessed with seeing my messy, chaotic bedside table or in my case bedside dresser.
There are LOADS of treasures here, not that anyone but me can pick them out. The cardboard behind by dresser is the mirror that attaches to the back of it and I have not been able to find the old antique replacement mirror holder thingys. I'm always on the lookout. There is also my Grandmothers jewelery box on my dresser/bedside table. It is rather large and has tiny drawers. It still holds her jewelry, nothing I will wear,nothing worth any $$, yet it is still priceless to me. I have books,journals,toys, and some of my jewelery scattered all about...just to name a few. No getting to see in my dresser drawers, those hold my unmentionables.So have fun, play I spy and see what you can find. Just click it to big it, if you dare!
Go back to The Lurchers to see everyone else's bedside tables.
34 comments:
You are a woman after my own heart...I love treasures that hold meaning only to me!! They are the best!
Grandmother's treasures are always the best!! I didn't sign up for Fun Monday this week....last week it took me until Thursday or Friday to get to everybody!! Happy FM!!
Nobody can tell your dresser is unused, lol !
Ok. I spy....a little blue Volkswagon Bug...which I LOVE!
I spy!!! A VW bus...and a measuring tape with 2-3 inches of it showing! LOL
Happy Fun Monday. I hope you can find time to drop by for a visit today.
Sooo...a thing about VWs then! What's in the Mother Earth pillow? That sounds nice!
What a gorgeous jewelry box! I'd love to see some photos of the treasures inside.
Your grandmothers jewelery box is amazing! I spy an old VW van, fun...
alison~ Yes they are!
bermudabluez~ Thanks for stopping by!!
gattina~ LOL!
joy t~ see if you can find the vw bus!!
hootin' anni~ I forgot the tape was there...LOL!
aoj & the lurchers~ Yes, I LOVE VW's!! The Mother Earth Pillow contains a blend of flax,lavender,marjoram & cloves. You can warm it or chill it! I love them!
nikki~ now those drawers I am willing to take photos of!! I will make it a post for tomorrow.
ellen b~ Thank you!!
Can I have that blue toy car pls? ;)
Happy MM!
Yeah, a woman after my own heart. The treasures are always where you can find them.
Your dresser looks so much like mine! I like this I spy game!
I think the jewelry box is lovely. I couldn't part with the things inside it, either. Just too special.
That is one well-used dresser/bedside table Kaytabug! I'm so glad I just bought bedside tables a couple of weeks ago and they don't have much on them yet. If you asked me again a month from now it might be a much different story.
Oh hell, we have a big ole cardboard covered mirror behind our dresser too! That is just funny. We never hung it up when we moved in here, uh, four years ago.
One man's treasure is another man's curiosity.
Upon closer investigation, I would expect to find the kitchen sink...
I can say that because my tables look very much like your.
Love the picture.
I feel so much better now about the treasures that I keep around...your grandmother's jewelry box is truly gorgeous.
I love antiques. I hope you find the antique mirror holder thingy soon! :-) I don't know if you noticed but your dresser is a mess! haha
oohh my dresser is totally a mess!!!!!!
I love it! I feel so much better about my life, and the fact that my husband is throwing EVERYTHING in boxes - not caring what is trash and what is not. I need to snork an Earth pillow, for calm and serenity.
I've just fallen in love with your grandmother's jewelry box, I think it's beautiful.
mariposa~ sorry hon' I love that car!
wakeup~ yea and most times I am the only one that can find right where they are.
kitten~Thanks!
SS~ I really meant to make it look tidy...which normally happens about 3 or 4 times a year! When it gets done you will see the afters!!
beckie~ that is FUNNY!!!
swampy~ Thanks sweetie!
sandy~ Thanks, I think so too!
~R~ OMG NO!!!! I must go clean it at once!!
jettie~ so it's nice not feeling like the only one,right?!
tiggerlane~ That is what happens every time we move! I try every time we move to not be such a mess, I guess it is just who I am.
chrisb~ Thank you, I will feature more of it hopefully tomorrow.
Don't think for a minute that I am going to enjoy this "I spy" craze...
Love Ya
Every girl should have a princess at the top of her table.
Personal treasures are the only real ones.
ah, i feel so much better already! at least i know i'm not the only one with all of her possessions right by the bed!
Personally, I prefer seeing people with "Interesting" stuff on their tables. You can tell so much about a person that way! Thanks for sharing.
you have quite a collection there. If you were to put your keys somewhere on the table, do you have a spare somewhere else? Just in case? ;) NLM
Mine doesn't look much different!
That jewelry box--what a treasure. I wish I could play with it!
Its lovely, im sure full of memories just by looking at it
retro~ ha ha ha
southern doll~ it is actually Glinda the good witch.
serina hope~ Too true!
janet~ Glad I made you feel better!!
linda~ So what can you tell about me?
NLM~ I know better than to put my keys anywhere in my house other than the key hook that is located on the wall as I walk in from the garage!
kila~ it is a treasure!
laura~ It is full of memories of her!
I can't wait to see Grandma's jewelry treasures!!
How did I miss your FM? I like hte blue slug bug on the bedside. :) Never know when you'll want to play.
it looks like you got a new pair of gloves
Post a Comment