Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Rear View

Tis' the day after Christmas and I am let down and spent. I am left wondering where all the joy went. Next year I plan to recapture the joy of Christmas. Not only for my boys but for me as well.

Today I have but one bumper sticker. I am practicing my X-mas down size early!
I found this one MONTHS ago and have been waiting for today to share it. I love it. I think it is my favorite. To think I used to love setting up the creche set. I would always position those men differently, one year it was shortest to tallest, the next it was tallest to shortest, the following year it was short guy in the middle the average guy first and tall guy last.

I hope I am the only one feeling burnt out and let down from the hoopla that was Christmas.

8 comments:

Alison said...

I completely understand where you are coming from. I usually feel the same way, in fact I do every year, but this year I don't have that feeling. I have no idea why...it is weird.
Love the bumper sticker BTW..it is my favorite too.

Sauntering Soul said...

I am really glad Christmas is over. That is all.

Fianna said...

I agree. Less stuff, more family. More experiences, less materialism.

Tiggerlane said...

You're not the only one...I feel it, too. And catching up at work, along with all the year-end stuff, is making it even worse!

I love the cartoon where the two other wise men show up at the shop, and the gold, silver, diamonds and platinum are sold out - and the all that is left is the frankicense and myrrh!

Robinella said...

My first post when I come back will be about this too. I thought it was just me. Such a weird feeling this year. I hope we aren't all having premonitions of sorts. Ugh, wash away bad thoughts.

Pamela said...

Stress of expectations -- we've all been there, done that.

and we all say NOT NEXT YEAR.

Emma in Canada said...

Nope sorry. You are not the only one. I've got it in spades.

kitten said...

With all the bad we had this year, I have to say this was our most pleasent. Maybe it's because I'm getting older. I don't know, but it was.