After almost all of my commenter's from my previous post were echoing my feelings about the day after Christmas I thought I'd share a book that I received for Christmas. I usually don't read "new" books until I've gotten through my current reading list. I felt this was an exception, especially when I wanted to recapture the joy of Christmas. The book is "Simplify Your Christmas: 100 Ways to Reduce the Stress and Recapture the Joy of the Holidays" by Elaine St. James.
If you click the link you can actually read up to page 46, if you like what you read then you can go check it out at your library. I am enjoying it and will be revamping my Christmas next year. I think what I am realizing most is that there really are a ton of preconceived notions and expectations that are preconditioned or burned into our psyche. I think that is what I am struggling with most. So far reading this book has helped me to feel that it is ok to let those things go. The more I read the more I wanted to go out and buy copies for everyone! If you have been feeling like I have, I hope that this book will help you in some way.
4 comments:
That looks like a cool book. I may need to go check it out! Thanks for sharing!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Hey Sweetie Pie. Glad you found that book. I'm off to click in a moment. I really want to downsize Christmas next year. BN started singing Happy Birthday, Jesus this year. ha. He is so over the top with gift giving especially for me and the boys. After getting my camera, he still went out and bought me presents because I just HAVE to open presents, right? He's too much and I love him anyway. :-)
Sweet...I will try to go further with my reading...
Happy new year to you!
Post a Comment