Friday, December 14, 2007

Happy Birthday Middle Man!

5 years ago Christmas came 11 days early for me. I never set out to have a December Baby. My hubby and I had been trying for 6 months to get pregnant with our second child. Well actually 4 months because January and February he was away. He got to come home for one week and then he had to leave again for another 2 months. We had actually decided while he was gone that maybe we shouldn't have any more kids. One was enough. Being alone with a 3 year old was enough to make me never want another child! We are all adults here. I am sure you know what you would do with your spouse after 2 months of being apart and only having 7 days to spend with them before they were to be gone for another 2 months. Was I extremely surprised when Aunt Flo did not come knocking on my door in April. All this to say that we did not set out to have a December baby.

My first baby came 2 weeks early. I wanted this guy to come out early too. He was stubborn. I say he was born on his due date but the Dr's say he was 2 days late. My OB said his due date would be the 13th but he was superstitious and did not want to give me a Friday the 13th Due date, so he made it the 12th instead. A close friend of mine had her baby on the 10th. He had to go in NICU so he did not come home until the 13th. I went over to see her and the new baby that evening. I held him. The lil guy in my tummy started kicking him. I started having contractions at midnight and he was born at 5:33 AM. We didn't even go to the hospital til 2 AM. I wanted to make sure it was for real. This made me not have enough time to get an epidural. I progressed to quickly. This lil guy wasn't so little he was 2 ounces shy of 10 lbs and almost 24 inches long.

Though he seemed jealous in my belly he is the most un-jealous child I have ever met. He is so caring, and loving, kind and generous. He is best friends with the baby that I held a few hours before he was born. I just can not believe he is already 5 years old. He still looks the same as he did in these photos.

Here he is 1 month old...
2 months old...
His First Birthday...He is my Sunshine.
He still smiles like he did in these photos.

From about 6 months on he began a love for all things ugly. He would laugh his lil butt off whenever Gollum came on the TV screen. His favorite part was when Gollum was arguing with his evil side, and the Fish song. We gave him a Gollum toy for Christmas..see his joy....According to him he has already broken up with his 1st girlfriend and has a new one. He is growing up way to fast. Happy Birthday Baby Santa.

19 comments:

mark said...

Happy Birthday! He's only got one girlfriend at a time? I'll bet he could have dozens!

Beckie said...

That is a huge baby as far as my vagina is concerned - and tall too. Holy...

I didn't have an epidural with two of my kids so I can "feel" your pain.

Happy Birthday to the little fella...those teeth are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Those cheeks are killing me!! I would not be able to resist them! Hope he has a wonderful birthday!

nikki

willowtree said...

Happy Birthday Little Fella!!

Jesus Beckie!!!!!

ChrisB said...

What a lovely smile hope he has a very Happy Birthday

Fianna said...

He is so not 5 already. How did that happen? He has always been the cheeriest faced little one! I love his smiles!!

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!!

Sauntering Soul said...

Oh my.....I have no words for all the cuteness!

He is so freakin' adorable Kaytabug. I think it's a good thing y'all didn't stop after just one child. :-)

Happy Birthday Middle Man!

Anonymous said...

Well happy birthday little guy!! :) What a cutie! I have a Christmas baby too. They need lots of extra birthday wishes!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! Happy Birthday little guy!!

Mariposa said...

Happy brithday to that cute guy! Wow, I agree he can have more than 1 gf at a time... ;)

Robocop said...

My Birthday Wishes!

Kila said...

Happy 5th Birthday! Five is a great age!

Hootin Anni said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww these are just super photos. Hope his birthday celebration was done up in style and he had a blast!!!

Sweet, sweet blog moment you shared Lady K!!!

[PS....I think I'm missing the important info here...are we doing a Fun Monday on the 17th? I read below about you announcing the host/or category later that evening, but I don't see it. BTW...I love your Raggedy Ann ornament...that couple is adorable!!]

Debs said...

Happy Birthday. He is so adorable!!!

Peter said...

Has the Blogger header photo bandit struck you too? it attacked my 3 blogs and one I created for my sister, if this is the case the only solution I've found so far is to select the option of seeing the photo without the blog title/description.
Via customize, add a feature, edit the header space... might be helpful?

Alison said...

He is so cute..I love his smile!! It makes me smile to see it.

Robinella said...

What a sweetie! I think he looks like a little old man laughing in his high chair on his 1st birthday! :-)

and he was a whopper! RePete was 9-10 and 22 in. and my epidural didn't work AND he was 2 weeks early! What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Unknown said...

I'm a little slow but Happy Birthday!!

I bet he kicked the baby you held because he was so huge he was running out of room and you were squishing him. :)

Kerith Collins said...

he has such a cute smile...i bet his laugh is even better!
kerith
http://momdumchronicles.blogspot.com