This was the first time I signed up for a Fun Monday NOT knowing what the heck the assignment was. I threw caution to the wind and said fuckit sign me up! When I found out what her assignment was I said fuck many more times and in many different variations too!
I know she has given permission for us to break the rules, since she is the queen of that too, but I already had something in my head. Going down the ABC's it is the words that come to mind first when thinking of my main topic. That's what I got from her first set of "rules" anyway. Here goes...
GERMANY
A Auslese wine, Apfelschorle, Autobahn
B Beer, Brotchen, Backpacking across Germany at 18
C cloudy,Cathedrals
D Düsseldorf, Dachau
E Euro, Einbahnstrasse(one way street),Edelweiss
F Frankfort, fussball
G golden fields

H Heritage, Hitler(NOT my heritage), Hindenberg
I Italian Ice, IKEA
J Jews, Jet Lag
K
L Lived there for 3 years, Luftansa
M Munich, mountains
N Neuschwanstein Castle, Nazi
O Oktoberfest, Olympic Stadium
P persecution(see J), Porta Nigra
Q qualität (quality)
R Radler, rain, Rhine River
S Schnitzel, schinkenstangen, Spezi
T Twice=the number of times I have been to GE, Trier(the oldest city in Germany)
U Umleitung (detour)
V Volkswagen
W wine,Wasser, World Cup, Wall,The
X Xanthippe ( the name of X in the German Code Alphabet)
Y Youth Hostels, Ypsilon(how to say the letter Y when reciting the ABC's in German)
Z Zeppelin, Zucker(sugar), Zitrone(lemon)
23 comments:
A facinating look at Germany, thanks.
well... that was right edumacational, ms k!
thanks!
Nice pictures, its always fun to visit other countries.
What an awesome post!! I love how you highlighted such great things about your time there. I really wish I had visited you during those years!
Wonderful! Love it girly!
Those golden fields really are! How beautiful!
What a wonderful insight into Germany and what a great job you did creating this fu$king post. (I borrowed that word from you.)
I've been to Germany only once, and loved every minute of it. Expecially Neuschwanstein Castle. I want to come back and spend more time there.
Thanks for spending so much time putting this together. It is especially powerful that you added the photos.
Impressive. I couldn't get all the letters. Good job!
Hey, that was a good idea and a great list!
Wonderful! I loved it and all your photos too!
Very cool. I have been to Germany twice but on the same trip. So really only one time. I would love to visit again.
Those are some great photos! Thanx for the tour! Now I need to travel.
you should be head of tourism. I want to go there now.
WHat an amazing list! I had a hard time thinking of enough words in english! The pictures were beautiful-you obviously put some time into it!
Nice tour. The kiddo and I may be going to Europe next summer - with a planned stop at Dachau. Hope it is educational for her.
Great list, beautiful photos!!
Sehr Gut...friggen.
I loved seeing all the photos. I have never been to Germany but I think I should add it to my wish list. A friend of mine went to Berlin last year and really enjoyed her trip.
This makes me want to go to Germany! Great job!
Thanks for this insider's tour of Germany LK. You obviously spent a significant amount of time there. Let's see--I'd like to be able to do the same for say Ireland. . .
great list Lady K...I love it. I feel like I just took a trip to Germany, for free!
You even got the hard letters too! very cool
Outstanding job! What, though, is schinkenstangen?
Post a Comment