My Mom has met someone. I am so happy for her. It is still in that puppy love stage where they cannotbeseparated. This kind of makes me want to gag. She has had 2 other relationships(besides my father), I do not remember her being like this before. Maybe it's the real thing. Maybe the sex is just that good! High 5 Mom! Maybe my gag reflex is just my green demon wishing that my husband and I still felt like that about each other.
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Puppy Love
Think back. Like WAY back to when you first met your love. When you just COULDN'T be apart. You had to be together 24/7 and even that was not enough! You got it? How about now? No. I mean, do you still feel like that NOW? I don't. My hubby admits he doesn't. Is this normal or do we need to call it quits? Maybe it is because we are forced to be apart due to his job. I do get extremely pissed when something takes him away from what is supposed to be his time with family. But, when I am away from him I'm not dying from lack of togetherness, except for when we have no control over it and it lasts for a year at a time!
My Mom has met someone. I am so happy for her. It is still in that puppy love stage where they cannotbeseparated. This kind of makes me want to gag. She has had 2 other relationships(besides my father), I do not remember her being like this before. Maybe it's the real thing. Maybe the sex is just that good! High 5 Mom! Maybe my gag reflex is just my green demon wishing that my husband and I still felt like that about each other.
So tell me, what about you and your love? Cannotbeseperated? or Not dying from lack of togetherness? or your customized answer?
My Mom has met someone. I am so happy for her. It is still in that puppy love stage where they cannotbeseparated. This kind of makes me want to gag. She has had 2 other relationships(besides my father), I do not remember her being like this before. Maybe it's the real thing. Maybe the sex is just that good! High 5 Mom! Maybe my gag reflex is just my green demon wishing that my husband and I still felt like that about each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love my dogs. They cannot stand to be away from me. My husband? Not so much. I wouldn't say the fire is gone but you wouldn't even really need a fire extinguisher - just a really strong breath of air...lol.
It happens to everyone I imagine, yet very few will admit it. I'm still amazed that my parents are still together sometimes and after 46 years that's saying a lot. Wow, I feel old all of a sudden. :)
Anyway, I know there are times when Jenni cannot stand me and probably the same thing happens with my feelings for her, although I don't recall it. ;) Enough about me, I think that every relationship has it's ebbs and flows and you have to realize that. Also, we aren't getting any younger and I believe that we settle down a bit as we age. Unfortunately we have long memories to times when there was that 'fire' and we want it back, but our bodies are all meh about it.
I know a couple that made a big deal about how they were going out to some hotel to have a great time, then she met her personal trainer and well, she has more fire for him now apparently although I think she is seriously effed up in the head.
So what am I really saying? I'm not sure anymore, other than to say it is normal and that once you realize that it gets easier. Or something like that. :)
We definitely don't have the same fire. It would be nice to have it back, but I am not sure how we could stay in bed nekkid all day with the kiddo...
As long as there still is a flame, it doesn't have to be a wildfire anymore.
I am very happy for your mom!!!
I think marriage has its up and down phases and you have to get through them. There are times when I don't want him anywhere near me and other times when i can't get enough of him. So - the puppy dog stage - just whiffs of it from time to time.
(having kids and babies does put a killjoy in that stage for sure)
I remember back when BN and I were in the service and he was gone half the year, every year, and I got into routines without him. I missed him, but I got USED to him being gone. Maybe that is what is happening to you two. You're used to being apart.
Once we got out, however, it all changed.
I can say that NOW BN and I do not like being apart. Even if there isn't a fire going at that moment, we always want to be together.
We are already planning for when our kids are grown and gone and we are free to just go and do like we used to. Not that we are rushing them out, we are just planning for the future. Even after almost 21 years. It's all good.
Hang in there.
I am trying to type on my daughters lap top. I'm all thumbs. You know.. I sometimes look up and see my husband walking towards me from somewhere and my heart goes flip flop. 35 years
Post a Comment