Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Attitude Adjustment

First things first. My blog had a facelift. If you are just lurking in the reader you should click on over and check it out. I thought it was time for a change. I found the cool template but it needed a few tweaks. My totally awesome blogger bud, Blue Momma made me the beautiful font in my header. Not only did she make that in photoshop, she helped me out with trying to figure out how to get it into my Html template. She ROCKS!!!! Thanks, babe!
And now, back to your regular scheduled programming!

I remember back in September I didn't want to turn my calendars to October. They were stuck on August. Each flip of the month brought me closer to November, a month I didn't want to get to. When it was finally time to turn the page to November, I did it without really thinking about what it meant. Then I saw the saying for November, and I laughed!

It was ironic. I felt like my calendar was trying to give me a message. At the time I flipped it I had been feeling pretty angry about my hubby's impending departure and my year without him, all alone. Of course not at him. But I was pretty mad. And sad and apprehensive. So when I saw this

It made me laugh. I felt just like how she looked. I could imagine a foot stomp too.
Because inside I was stomping my feet, pouting, angry, scared and screaming,
"But I don't waaaant you to goooo!!!!"

I'd like to think that my calendar helped me change my feelings about my immanent future. Well, maybe change is a strong word. Tone down my anger, frustrations and apprehensions. Yeah. I know she helped me do that.

7 comments:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Ur blog looks amazing with its new facelift - congratulations. always good to know ppl who know about that kinda stuff. Ur so lucky. looks great!

Isn't that a great picture? Made me smile straight off as soon as I saw it.

Hope the rest of your week is a positive journey for you, ma'am :)

Cyalayta
Mal :)

Roger Miller said...

I like the look of your blog, and actually have lurked here before the change, very nice.

I'll be back.

Unknown said...

Love it. And I guess I need the message too. :( Booooo....

Love the new look. Blue Momma is a dear!!

Hugs!!

poefusion said...

i couldn't help but laugh at the calendar picture. sometimes we just need a gentle reminder to change our ways. good luck with your changes. hope they continue to serve you well. new blog look is great. have a wonderful day.

willowtree said...

The blog looks great!

Jenni said...

I feel like that a lot--and over much less.

Robinella said...

I wish I had that. I give myself attitude adjustments ALL the time. Love your new look.