Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday!

I got the call last night.

" Due to inclement weather your schools district will be closed Tuesday January 27th. There will be no classes."

My interpretation: "Due to your schools district being fucktards and canceling school for the slightest bit of winter weather you will have a craptastic birthday!" Hey it's my party and I can cry if I want to, alright?! M-kay! To add the proverbial cherry on top of my shit sundae, my kids were up at 6:15 AM. Every other fucking school day I am at their bedside at 7AM waking them from their slumber. They have some kind of freaky 6th sense, they "know" when they don't HAVE to be up so they get up early! Grrrrrrrr.

Here is what it looks like outside,as of 10:40 AM CST. That might be an inch, but there is some ice mixed in there, but still. This is TOTALLY my WTF,Trannyhead. BTW, she will have a WTF day tomorrow on her blog. This week has really just been a WTF kind of week!

They only silver lining is that my hubby didn't have to go to work today. So at least I am not home alone with my kids on a "snow day" that just happens to be my Birthday. The hubby has already baked my cake, the kids have made their homemade Birthday cards. No forgotten Birthday this year.

I'll leave you with a couple Blast from my Past Birthday photos.

From my 4th Birthday, I think I was trying to wear a dress that I thought matched the dress of the doll on my cake.
My 9th Birthday. I was rockin' the walkman!! Sweet!
I think this was my 25th. What was I thinking with that eyeshadow? This also happens to be the last time I had long hair, and it wasn't even that long! I will never have long hair again.
This was my 27th. I wasn't a fan of Phocahontas, my Mom just found the party stuff in a bargin bin. She wanted to make a big deal about my 27th on the 27th. I really remember this one, my 2nd baby was just 6 weeks old.I thought I had more Birthday photos but apparently my friends must be the ones in possesion of those. Damn, the blackmail they must have!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday babe. Enjoy your day.

(WTF? An inch of snow?)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you manage to have a decent one even though it started off kinda bad. :(

Unknown said...

Man, that is a bummer. Good thing hubby is home though, too! Have a great one.

the planet of janet said...

happy birthday...

even if everyone *is* home!

ChrisB said...

Happy Birthday. :)

Beckie said...

Are we going to get to see pictures from this birthday?

Happy Birthday!

willowtree said...

~~~~Happy Birthday K~~~~ xoxo

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Snow day? blah - I think the school administrators just want the day off themselves.

Daisy said...

I can understand buying random party "stuff" in the bargain bin! I plan it that way all the time. :) Happy birthday, and I hope the kids go back to school asap!

Pamela said...

look at it this way --
mother nature frosted a little earthday cake for you.

Happy birthday dear.

(ps. enjoy it!)

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the hair. I don't do long - not never. I hope the fact that you were stuck at home with the boys was sorta fun??

Sauntering Soul said...

As usual, I'm lating getting around to blog reading and missed your birthday.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Big hugs to you.

Jenni said...

ROFLMAO! Danny and I have a joke going about a Pocohontas costume. Now I know I have to get one.

Happy belated b-day! I saw the notice last week on Facebook, but it wasn't your b-day yet. I thought, "Must remember to wish Kaytabug a happy b-day on the right day." Yeah, right. I can't remember a basketball practice when the coach calls to tell me about it just a few hours before. I'm glad everything worked out for you to have a good day in spite of the snow day. Those snow days can be torture for moms with kids stuck inside getting whiny and bored.

Jenni said...

Oh, and I had to read that line "WTF, Trannyhead" twice. At first I thought you were calling WT a Trannyhead. I was very upset because I thought I had missed something great in his comment section.