Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm hearing things


I hear the car pull into the driveway.

I hear the door slam.

I hear the honk of the horn indicating the alarm is activated.

All in one split second my heart skips a beat, a smile crosses my face as I think "He's home."

In the next second I get the brunt blow to my heart as I snap back to reality.
I tell myself, "You dumb bitch. He's not even in the same country." I wish for hard hearing and no neighbors.

Then, my life goes on....

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Ouch! I've felt the same way when Danny was just away for a few days or a week. Now that he is home more often during the day, I think he's driving me crazy being here so much. But I can't imagine him being deployed and gone for so long. Stay strong and think how sweet that reunion will be when his deployment is finally over. You guys are in my prayers!

nikki said...

I don't think those feelings will ever go away. not until he's home for good. sending you hugs and beer. Woodchuck?

Unknown said...

Big Hugs!!

Pamela said...

save these thoughts for him to read later...

Kila said...

((((HUGS))))

Thank you, to the whole family, for your service.

the planet of janet said...

oh honey...

love you

Unknown said...

:( Poor thing!