Happy New Year to you!
I couldn't refrain from taking a look back. I didn't reflect on 2009. I went all the way back to 1999. Not because I wanted to party like it was 1999, or that I wanted a reason to listen to the song. I looked 10 years back because of the irony involved.
10 years ago I rang in the new year at a friends house on the phone with my newlywed husband who was an ocean away and half the country too.
New Years 2000

Fast forward 10 years to the present. I rang in the new year at a different friends house. My husband of 10 years was back in that same foreign country. Still an ocean and half a country away. This time the phone lines were so busy that he was unable to get his call to go through, or I would have been on the phone with him. We settled on wishing each other a happy new year via Facebook.
New Years 2010
New Years 2020... at least he won't be in a foreign country, unless we are in one together.
Here is to a wonderful year ahead, that flies by fast!!
3 comments:
Something to look forward to for sure. Happy New Year, K and N!
how bizarre!
hopefully, 10 years from now, you two can celebrate together instead. :-)
That's wild. Looks like it was fun though!
Post a Comment