Friday, February 20, 2009

1 Finger Salute

Not that long ago I told you about Mouth slamming his hand in the car door. The X-rays showed nothing was broken. We had a check up with the DR this week. She was pretty sure that his fingernail will fall off. She also said that the new nail could be deformed, but he is a boy and boys don't care about that kind of stuff, unless he wanted to be a hand model. He already screwed up those chances with all of his thumb sucking.

All I kept thinking was that if the nail does come back deformed that he will have a permanent reason to say "Look at my finger!" while flipping you off and giggling, even if it's on the inside. What? You don't think he'll be like me? He is my mini-me, a different gender mini-me, just without the potty mouth. That day will come and when it does Momma will be so proud!


Momma:

Not the Momma:Side note: Mouth and Middle Man are feeling better today. They both woke up fever free. I hope it stays that way. I was the good Momma and kept them home, following the rule that they be fever free for 24hrs without meds before they return to school. I'm probably the only one that actually follows that rule.

12 comments:

Beckie said...

OMG! He IS a mini you!

I'm glad that the two other guys are feeling better. 24 hr fever. I don't know what that stuff is, but we've had it.

I follow that rule and I thank you for following that rule. If more people followed that rule my kids wouldn't catch so much shit at school. :)

Jenni said...

Wow! He really does look like you! I have no problem with the one finger salute, as I've demonstrated many times, but I'm glad you aren't one of those parents who teaches your kids to do it as a toddler because they think it's funny. It really isn't cute, and it always comes back to bite you in the ass. There's a time for learning that sort of thing. It's like a rite of passage, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks painful. I hope the new nail is OK, although boys do like injuries to show off.

He's definately your child! Quite a resemblance!

Anonymous said...

Dude, I gagged at the finger. Like boys need a reason to flip peole off!

Glad to ehar the kiddos are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

OUCH ! That absolutely gives me the eeby jeebies...Poor little thing.
Clones. For sure.

I remember once mashing my fingernail (nothing like what's shown here) but it caused a "blood blister" under the nail. I swear I could feel my heartbeat in my finger...my dad told me to stick a needle through the nail to relieve the pressure. OMG ! The blood shot out and almost hit the ceiling...

willowtree said...

Yeah, what Swampy said.

Unknown said...

Wow. The resemblance is unbelievable. TOO CUTE!

Finger looks horrible. Hopefully it will grow back normal.

Anonymous said...

You weren't kidding with that mini me stuff, were you?!?!?!?! He really is the spitting image of you!

I have a bad finger, too. My nail grew back, unfortunately I'm missing part of the finger underneath it so you still get the fucked up effect!!!

the planet of janet said...

oh. my. GAWD!!!!

your little guy is your CLONE!!!

and that finger is mondo nasty. good thing i wasn't having dinner while reading your blog. yuck!

Unknown said...

I'm glad they're feeling better but wow look at the nail! OUCH! And you two look 100% alike!!

Pamela said...

you just had longer eyelashes. (:

Sauntering Soul said...

Yikes! That nail looks horrible. I hope all of your kiddies are back to normal soon.