The middle man had a good first day. His favorite part of his day was Art class, and recesses. Yesterday his fave was gym and music, and recesses. Pretty much all things that are out of his classroom! 2 days in a row now he has told me that some kid keeps hitting him in the nuts. I've told him to make sure he tells a teacher when it happens. He also told me that rest time is stupid. He hates it. Says that a few of the kids talk too much. He shared with me that he hated singing his ABC's, that it was stupid! When I said that the ABC's are not stupid and asked why he feels that way he said, "Because I already know how to sing my ABC's,Mommy!" He is a little smart ass! Takes after his Mom! I am afraid of him getting left behind this year, not really left behind but more like he won't get a chance to excel with so many kids in the class. No room for him to jump ahead, will always have to stay where the majority are. Do you know what I'm trying to say here?
Today was the first day my middle man rode the bus. I took him to school the first 2 days, and walked him into his classroom. This morning was another hard one for me. sniff sniff. He was so excited though. He practically RAN on to the bus! He needs to stop growing up. It doesn't help any that he is the same height my oldest was when my oldest was 6 and a half years old and in FIRST grade. Middle man is only 5 and a half. It's just not fair. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago when I was taking my oldest to his first day of Kindergarten with middle man inside my belly. I'm off to go look at old photos and bawl. Talk to ya'll later!
12 comments:
The bus picture is making me cry.
:-(
it will all be ok. promise!
How are kindergartners hitting each other in their junk? WTH. How do they know that is so funny already. And mean, oh yea, mean.
Glad to know they are doing well. Hope you are!
I'm cracking up at Fianna's comment.
Tell your son that I would LOVE to have rest time here at my office. If I could bring a little mat in my office and take a nap every afternoon I'd be so much more productive around here.
Awww...
About just staying with the majority, yeah, that's one thing that really sucks about school. Too bad kids can't work more at their own pace.
Congrats to middle man for riding the school bus!
I was going to ask the same thing that Fianna did - WTF with that?
I am more than a wee bit worried about this school year for both of mine that are still in elementary. It's going to be a rocky year.
Girl, you need to stay busy. All this yard work I've been doing is good for more than just getting the yard in shape!
My son hits himself in the nuts when he's frustrated (he's 12 months). No, i don't think MENSA will be calling any time soon ...
I always hated watching the kids leave on the bus. Sounds like your boys are going to be fine. :) I mean just a few minor issues, that once all the kids get settled in should all be better, right? I hope the school year goes like a breeze.
I do know what you mean about your child facing the possibility of being held back - not being allowed to jump ahead. I had that problem in school, and then I would get bored and get in trouble for talking.
You might see if the teachers will allow him to read a book, if he finishes assignments early. Or give him other tasks to do...
I know how sadness feels...I sent my baby girl to HIGH SCHOOL this week!
Don't make me say the H word. "left behind" screams the H word!!!
:-)
I just caught up with your last two posts about your kids returning to school and I hope all’s going well for each of them and for you. Keeping the lines of communication open all around usually helps everyone do their best … and it seems like you’re on top of that for sure!
Hugs and blessings,
Post a Comment