3 months. We have lived in our new place for 3 months. I LOVE that I live in Kansas again. I HATE living in a duplex. The constant boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom from their stereo, which during the day is at "accepted" noise levels, drives me bat shit. These walls are super thin. I hear their doors shut. I hear their washer and dryer. I hear them bang on their bedroom window at midnight to get their dog that they left outside to stop barking. Not only did I hear it, it vibrated in our bedroom. Our bedrooms have a shared wall. Which leads to other noises that sometimes just can't be erased once they are heard no matter how hard you try to forget.
I have always loved springtime. The birds are singing, it's nice enough to sit outside and enjoy my joe. So far I have not been able to do that here. The neighbors dog yipes the entire time I am out there. I could sit out front, but it's in the shade. I want to soak up the sun. I shouldn't have to alter what I want just because of someone else's poor pet ownership. Which is just my own personal opinion. If one is going to own a dog as a pet, there is no point in having said dog if all one is going to do is leave said dog outside in a tiny fenced in yard 24/7.
Luke LOVES playing fetch. At first I felt bad and tried not playing fetch with him if I noticed that the other dog was out. All the other dog would do is bark, which is more like a high pitch yipe because it's still a puppy. That didn't last long because I said FUCK IT!! I'm going to live my life the way I want to. I'm going to play fetch with my dog whenever I want. I'm not going to let neighbors dictate how I live. Plus, I noticed that they were leaving the dog out for longer stretches of time.
I realize that I can't change the situation. I can only change the way I deal with it. I just simply do not know how to deal with it. I don't know how to change the way I feel. I mean, if something annoys the heck out of you how do you change that? For 6 years I loathed living in "shared living" for all the reasons I've listed AND MORE. That extreme hatred and stress of living with others noise and constantly stressing about my kids noise is what prompted us to buy a home. It was 4 years of bliss. Letting the kids be as loud as they wanted, playing our music as loud as we wanted, not being forced to hear other peoples noises through any of our walls. BLISS I tell you. But, we bought at the wrong time right before the economy tanked. Do they call it underwater? That would be us. We can't sell it without taking a ginormous hit, like most home owners, which means we have no other option but to go back to living like this. I don't know how to deal with this for the next 4 years but I do know that I need to find a way or I will be certifiable before 2015!
This song sums up where I live. Every time I drive down these streets this song plays in my head. I also choose this band covering it because of the way they sing it, the way it sounds, it sums up my feelings about living in this little box. I also love this band. You should check out some of their original stuff!
There are plenty of other bands and singers that covered this song for the show WEEDS. I like a lot of them, even the original! Oh how I wish this was Agrestic and I was Nancy, or just had a friend like her. Life might be tolerable then.
6 comments:
i love you.
whine all you want/need to. scream and yell, in fact. loud.
i'm listening and *hearting* you every day. and wishing i could be your nancy.
You're doing good. Turn up your own music and enjoy.
any chance you can find a different place?
I do NOT MISS the neighbor's barking dog. They have another dog now, and she barks once in awhile -- but not the incessant until she's hoarse barking that drove the neighborhood batty.
p.s.
Most people who allow their dog to do that usually do not respond well to pleas from neighbors
I think that you should make any and all the noises that you want - it's only fair. :)
My buddy the vet actually sees one of Rise Against's dogs, which is kinda cool, and I like their version of this song as well... way better than that stupid "Friday" song that my son keeps playing over and over and over again... He says it is so bad that it needs to be played. Little sh*t!
We have a neighbor with a barking dog problem too. He's a cop and she works at the animal shelter...you'd think they'd work on that. I'm sure he gets called to houses for this same issue and she should have enough compassion for her own dog to give it more attention. I feel for ya.
Post a Comment