Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Month in Review

December is a busy month for everyone. This past December was the busiest EVAH for me! So much happened besides the move that I don't want it to be overlooked, or forgotten. Ready? Here we go!

December 2nd finds my hubby and the teen driving John around the yard to use up all the gas so that it could be shipped with the rest of our stuff.


I think he farted right there!


Shadow play


And Luke playing fetch in our ginormous yard for one of the last times.


He's tuckered!
December 3rd: I'm at the vet clinic getting the 2 cats vaccinations up to date. Meh.
Cute ornaments for sale at the Vet clinic

December 7: Take the over 100 lb dog to the vet for his annual shots so I don't have to worry about doing that once we have moved!

Later that day...

The teen was playing hide and seek in the dark with the younger 2 and decides that under the bathroom sink would be the best spot to hide.
The hiding spot

Yeah. It's all fun and games until someone breaks a water pipe! The bathroom flooded (flashbacks to this summer) and I had to shut of the main water supply to the house because the break was behind the wall and shutting it off under the sink didn't stop the gushing!



It's the small pipe on the right, at the bend or joint or whatever its called!

The break


December 10: Middle Man has an ortho appt and SURPRISE he got his braces off!

December 11: Ortho appt. for the teen. Surprise again! The teen gets his braces off earlier than expected too!

December 13: back at the ortho to get the fixed retainer glued back on for the teen.

December 14: The movers show at at 9 am to start packing up our belongings. My stress level is through the roof! 3 packers wasn't enough so they add 3 or was it 4 more to the mix. They were done by 6:30 so we could go out to a Birthday dinner for my Christmas baby...


...who turned EIGHT!!!!! What? He's EIGHT?!?! Are you sure?

Blow, baby, blow!
Oh. And in the afternoon I went to go take cupcakes to the school for his class!

Green frosting teeth, goes with his Yoda birthday pin.

December 15: movers back to pack it up on the truck...
A trip to the pharmacy to pick up  meds and I saw this old woman with a creepy doll. She was treating it like it was real. C.R.E.E.P.Y.


December 16: School canceled. Movers back to finish packing our stuff on the truck.

December 17th: Kids last day of school, half day, Christmas parties at school. Running around like a chicken with my head cut off tying up loose ends, and trying to get more stuff jammed into my car. Thankfully I have a friend in town coming by later to get all the stuff we couldn't fit and that the movers wouldn't box up. My plants to name a few!
Drive 6 hours to new home in KANSAS!!!

December 19: We got our tree.

December 20th the movers delivered half of the truck.

December 21st they finished unloading all of our stuff!

The rest of the month is filled with unpacking boxes and trying to find where to put everything in a house with far less storage space! It's been quite a challenge, and still is!
There you have it, my month in review!




9 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

I'm exhausted just reading it all.

And I need more photos of the creepy doll. Set your lasers to STALK! AND PHOTOGRAPH!

willowtree said...

I was going to say what Burgh Baby said (I'm so original).

Jenni said...

Busy busy busy! And I complained about my December. You are Wonder Woman!

I know someone who carried around a doll for a while like that. She had 4 children but was bummed that she couldn't have more. That alone should have tipped me off to her mental state, right? (This was not a case of losing a baby or anything either.) No, I guess the doll was comforting to her. To me it was just super creepy and not at all healthy. But what do I know?

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Hello, dearie. See. I still can find you. And, I think you deserve the attachment to the John. Tell Hubby if you can keep the homefires burning while he's away, you DESERVE it.

Roger Miller said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one that farts while mowing. :)

I'm surprised Holly didn't love the ornaments.

And Whew! You had quite a month, now sit back and chill for a while. :D

Unknown said...

Yikes. I am glad that month is OVER! Love the pics!

Karmyn R said...

I hope your January has been quieter. Yes - that was busy. I can't believe you moved during the Holidays - that is pure craziness.

and sadly, my great-grandma, in her last few years, carried a baby doll around and thought it was her real baby. Yes, it was creepy. (but, she was in a nursing home so never seen in "public" with it - ha)

Pamela said...

we have lived here for 32 years. I can't imagine packing the stuff out of the closet.

Kila said...

I know I'm late, but I really enjoyed this update :)

Had to laugh (sorry) about the pipes. Boys!!