I get this email yesterday from the Middle School PTO. It's about 8th grade t-shirts. My son is in 7th grade. Gotta love blanket emails. I looked at the email anyway. I wish that I hadn't.
This is what I saw...

My mind starts reeling.... Oh that's cute, the class of 2014.
Whoa.
Wait a minute.
That means the tween is the class of 2015.
O.M.G.!!
He will graduate High School in 5 years.
O.M.F.G.!!!
5 years from this month my baby boy will be graduating from High School?!
Exactly 5 years from right now he will graduate HIGH SCHOOL!!!
Fuck me!
I've known that it's coming. I'm even checking out H.S.'s where we will be moving, to find the best one for him. But to actually see it?! I was floored.
I'm off to buy a couple of cases of wine. This Full-time Mom is going to be drunk on the job for a while. Bottoms up!
5 comments:
It goes too fast, doesn't it?
don't EVEN start with me, honey. don't even.
i look at my "baby" and realize in a little more than 2 years, she will leave the nest for college.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
That is nuts. We aren't that old. We just aren't.
I have a grand that will be in that class.
I tell ya, time flies.
feeling very old now.
(ps. hope you got a special hug for mother's day after all.)
My oldest will also graduate in 2015. That hit me hard when 2010 arrived!
Post a Comment